Below are several testimonials from
patients of mine. At the bottom, you can visit my Yelp page.
* by Keesha Standley, massage practitioner since 1993 and massage teacher since 1997, Sacramento, Ca. - After taking several thousand hours in bodywork classes myself and having received many of Tom's bodywork sessions, I highly value his work. He is very effective with pain relief, calming the nervous system and repetitive motion injuries. Tom joined me in teaching massage classes starting in 2007 as an assistant. If you need therapeutic work and relaxation, Tom knows what to do and is very intuitive about it.
* by Stephanie C., office manager, Personnel/HR, Board member at Mt. Madonna Center, Watsonville, Ca. - Tom has a wonderful intuitive healing touch, which he uses right alongside his vast knowledge of anatomy and physiology. He worked on me for 2+ years, and in that time, besides improved physical alignment and health, I gained a better understanding of the body mechanics and root causes of some of the issues that I was having. I also felt I gained a more subtle, but powerful, energetic awareness which I experienced in that deep relaxed healing state of his treatments. He is truly a generous, knowledgeable, professional practitioner.
* by Kamalesh Hooven, Ayurvefic Yoga Therapist, E-RYT500, Guatemala, Central America: - Tom has a gentle approach and manner which allows me to relax and sense what was happening in the muscles as he works. His thorough knowledge of anatomy and his willingness to explore a problem area with me gave me the confidence to ask questions and try new approaches. He truly has a collaborative spirit. I highly recommend him!!!
* by Chelsea, Oakland, Ca: - Tom is a truly gifted healer.
As a yoga teacher myself who needs lots of support (so I can
best support others), I have had many, many practitioners
work on my body. Tom is by far one of the top therapists I
have had the pleasure to work with. Working with him is like
having my own personal somatic therapist, masseuse, and
chiropractor rolled into one! He seems to use his vast know-
ledge, as well as intuition, to locate the places where my body
is holding both physical, energetic, and emotional tension.
He then creates the most compassionate and effective path-
way into these bones and tissues to move what is stuck or
stagnant back into healthy flow. He custom-designs each
session just the way I need it to be in that moment, and leaves me feeling truly nourished on all levels. I notice that for weeks after our session my body is pain free and my heart is lighter. This is essential in order to show up in the best possible way for my friends, family, students, and myself. Thank you Tom! You are an important member of my mental and physical healthcare team :-)
* by Alisha, Oakland, Ca: - I have been seeing Tom on a weekly basis for a year now, and I've been incredibly grateful for the progress that we've made in treating my chronic pain and muscle tension. Tom's manner is warm and sincere, and I always feel at ease in his kind presence. He has been very attentive throughout each and every session, and he always remembers what's been going in for me in many dimensions of my wellness. I've been fortunate to experience Tom's skillful approaches, and I have benefited from his extensive knowledge of the body; Tom's practice of Muscle Energy Techniques has been a real game changer for me! Because of working with Tom I have experienced the following: better pain management, decreased neck and shoulder tension, decreased joint pain, increased somatic awareness, mood improvements, improvements in digestion, better sleep, and so on. I have so benefited from Tom's caring support, and I cannot recommend him enough! Thank you, Tom!
* by Dr. Jessica Lips, chiropractor in Berkeley, Ca: - Tom has been really great for helping with
different tensions that I have in my back.
I always feel extremely relaxed and loose
when I leave his office each week. Tom has a
strong touch that seems extremely intuitive.
I was new to orthopedic massage and
although it is much different than "regular"
massage, I have ended up really liking it
Highly recommend Tom!!
* by Ashwin, San Francisco, Ca: - I came
in with a snowboarding injury and over two
sessions am able to move, swim and exercise
again! Tom offered me targeted sports
massage to release tension. It's exactly what I
needed. There are many other approaches to body work, and I've tried a few but Tom's has been the most effective. It can be hard to find the right healer on Yelp, but if you need a powerful, targeted massage with a deep understanding of physiology and anatomy, Tom is a great choice.
* by Mama G, licensed midwife, El Sobrante, Ca: - Intune with the ways of the body and musculoskeletal and nervous system. Tom's technique of muscle contraction holding and pushing release is amazing. My body is responding effectively. He gives enough pause in between and always starts the session 'inviting me to receive & maintain attention to my body, should I choose' I generally do not want male practitioners for bodywork, but I feel completely respected and recommend him to anyone who wants more awareness and comfortability in their body!
* by Suzanne A, Berkeley, Ca: - Tom has a very special combination of experience, intuition and skill. He is a great listener and really understands the body. He is helping me find pain relief after 5 years of chronic back/hip pain. After my first session, I had my first pain free night of sleep in months. He is also helping me develop strategies to stay pain free. I highly recommend Tom!